Contact Us 24/7
We’re here to answer any questions you may have!
Frequently Asked Questions
Belong offers a one-stop-shop for all your home management needs including:
• Preparing your home for future residents by conducting an inspection and addressing maintenance and repairs.
• Marketing and showcasing your home with professional photography, 3-D virtual walkthroughs, open houses, and self-serve tours. What sets us apart is that we offer these tours at no extra cost to homeowners. This flexibility ensures that we reach a wider pool of potential residents, making the process efficient and hassle-free.
• Distributing the listing on 26 websites including Zillow, Apartments.com, Craigslist, Trulia, Zumper and Hotpads. Additionally, we list the home in its best light on our website that receives tens of thousands of visitors a month - a true competitive advantage.
• Screening and placing residents through our thorough vetting and background check process. We are so confident in our qualification process that we guarantee your rental payments whether or not a resident pays us.
• Managing the resident relationship, including rent collection, home visits, and fostering community connections. - you will not need to worry about dealing with Residents directly. Our Member Service Team will ensure both you and your Resident have everything needed.
• Providing long-term care and handling maintenance, including 24/7 emergency service.
• Access to our industry-leading products and services such as the mobile app so you can manage your home from the convenience of your phone, cash flow management products such as Split It to finance any major fees or maintenance expenses, all-in-one insurance etc.
The moment you become a Belong Homeowner, we get right to work. We'll send an inspector to your home, and put a plan in place. We'll provide you with a full inspection report and market pricing analysis, to ensure your home gets loved ASAP.
Our mission is to find someone who will love your home as much as you do, so we don’t cut corners. Belong's resident vetting process is thorough and designed to provide homeowners with peace of mind. We conduct comprehensive background and credit checks, employment verification, reference checks, and personal interviews with our highly-trained resident specialists to ensure the reliability and financial stability of potential residents. Our approach is backed by advanced screening technology, allowing us to carefully select residents who are a great fit for your property. This sets us apart from competitors by prioritizing the safety and security of your investment.
We are so confident in our qualification process that we guarantee your rental payments whether or not a resident pays us.
The short answer is no, all Belong Homes come unfurnished. And we don't recommend trying to do that on your own either! While you probably have great taste, in general, furnished homes rent for way less than unfurnished homes, and lead to negative experiences down the road if something gets damaged.
Belong specializes in managing residential properties, including apartments (condos), single-family homes, and multi-family homes. Whether you currently have residents or a vacant property, we handle it all seamlessly, ensuring a hassle-free experience for you.
Say goodbye to the ongoing power struggle between you and your Homeowner. No more drama, no more nightmare stories. Our relationship with you is just as important as our relationship with the Homeowner; no more feeling like a second-class citizen.
Belong is here not just to help you find your dream home, in your dream neighborhood; we are here to get you out of the broken rental system and help foster a connection with the people and places that give your new neighborhood its unique character.
We don’t stop there: alongside our Member Service Team, you can access your Belong account online or in the app at anytime. There, you’ll be able to view rent payments and documents, and request maintenance work. Say goodbye to playing phone tag, missing maintenance requests, and absentee property management.
As long as you’re living in a Belong home (or own one, for that matter), you can take advantage of everything a Belong Membership has to offer. During that time, you’ll accumulate Karma, giving you even greater access and benefits.
Looking to move? Take advantage of early access to listings and instant approvals, without the need for application fees. You’re in!
As a Belong Member, you will only be responsible for your $49.90 application fee which covers the cost of your background and credit check. And don’t worry about paying repeated fees for different homes, this covers you for all home applications for 60 days.
Once you are placed in a Belong Home and are in residence for a year, you will not need to pay for additional applications in the future; Belong has your back.
Right away! You do not need to complete an application before scheduling a tour with a Resident Onboarding Specialist. On the home listing page, you will be able to select your preferred viewing time. You may view the home with us or on your own with our self-tour feature.
Don’t see a date and time that works for you? Speak with a member of our team to find a time that works on your schedule.
In a hurry or don’t want to waste time viewing homes that aren’t a fit? Each of our listings includes a full gallery of high-resolution photos, a virtual 3D-walkthrough, and street-views so you can scope out the surroundings of your potential new home.
Apply on our website, directly on the listing page of your desired home. You will need your bank account credentials or income verification documents, a valid form of ID, contact info for your most recent landlord, and you will need to pay the $49.90 application fee. The application fee covers the cost for you background and credit check.
Interested in applying for multiple homes? Just click apply on each page and you will have the option to use an application you already complete or start a new application. You can apply for an unlimited number of homes only but will need to pay the application fee once (within a 60-day period).